Winter Fruit Crisp
Recipe Source: Recipe and photo from www.FoodHero.org
Number of servings: 8
Time for preparation (including preparation and cooking): 35 min
4 cups diced apples or pears
2⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
1⁄2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
1⁄3 cup margarine
1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray or oil a square pan (8 x 8 x 2 inches).
- Arrange fruit in pan. Mix remaining ingredients and sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake until topping is golden brown and fruit is tender, about 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Use any fresh, frozen or drained canned fruit that you have on hand.
- Add 1/2 cup of dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, cut apricots).
- Try vanilla yogurt as a topping and sprinkle with cinnamon.