Great idea for turkey leftovers ….
Recipe Source: Food Hero www.foodhero.org
Number of servings: 1 quesadilla
Time for preparation (including preparation and cooking): 10 minute
1 8-inch whole wheat tortilla
2 Tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
2 Tablespoons cranberry sauce or dried cranberries
2 Tablespoons cooked turkey, chopped or shredded
1⁄3 cup spinach
- Sprinkle shredded cheese evenly over one half of the tortilla. Add cranberry sauce or dried cranberries, turkey and spinach, then fold the tortilla in half over the filling.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat (300 degrees in an electric skillet). Lightly spray with cooking spray, then place tortilla in the skillet. Cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until the outside is golden brown and contents are heated through.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Substitute beans, tofu, or other cooked meat for the turkey.
- For extra flavor, add a dash of cayenne pepper or chili powder before folding the quesadilla in half.