This prolific producing vegetable often gets a bad rap for over abundance. But now there are lots of great recipes to enjoy zucchini in many ways, and cheese makes anything tasty!
Embrace and enjoy zucchini as a main dish (or side) – instead of just hidden in bread.
Zucchini Pizza Boats
Recipe Source: Food Hero www.foodhero.org
Number of servings: 2 as a main dish, 4 to 6 as a side
Time for preparation (including preparation and cooking): 40 minutes
2 medium or 3 small zucchini
1⁄2 cup tomato-based pasta sauce
1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash zucchini. Trim ends and cut each in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to gently scrape out soft, seedy center of zucchini.
- Place zucchini halves in a small baking dish. Spoon pasta sauce into zucchini halves. Top with mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until zucchini is tender and cheese is bubbly and brown. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.