Recipe Source: Recipe and photo from www.FoodHero.org
Number of servings:10
Time for preparation (including preparation and cooking): 15 min
6 ounces spinach (about 7 cups)
1 1⁄2 cups strawberries, halved
1 cup walnut pieces (toasted if desired)
1 teaspoon sugar
1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
2 Tablespoons orange juice (juice from 1/4 orange)
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 1⁄2 teaspoons vinegar
1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
2 Tablespoons salad oil
- Wash and dry spinach, tear into pieces, and chill.
- To prepare orange: Cut off peel and membrane of outer part of the sections. Using a paring knife gently cut out sections from membrane edges. You end up with orange sections with no outer membrane.
- To make dressing: Combine all ingredients in a jar and shake well or blend in a blender.
- Right before serving, toss orange and strawberries with walnuts and spinach. Add dressing to coat salad. Serve immediately.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.