Recipe & Photo Source: FoodHero.org
Number of servings: 2
Time for preparation (including preparation and cooking): 20 minutes
1 cup cooked brown rice
1⁄2 cup nonfat or 1% milk
1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup chopped fruit (try a mixture – apples, bananas, raisins, berries, peaches)
2 Tablespoons chopped nuts (try unsalted walnuts or almonds)
- Combine cooked rice, milk and cinnamon in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 45 seconds. Stir and heat for another 45-60 seconds, or until rice mixture is heated through.
- Divide rice mixture between two bowls. Top with fruit and nuts. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Use a combination of fresh, canned, frozen and dried fruit in this recipe.
- You can use any leftover cooked grain in this recipe. Try white or wild rice, quinoa, barley or oatmeal.