Art can take many forms, and preparing healthy, colorful and tasty dishes is an art form, itself. Enjoy with delicious, colorful salsa that features the fruit of summer – watermelon.
Recipe Source: Food Hero www.foodhero.org
Number of servings: 2 cups
Time for preparation (including preparation and cooking): 15 minutes
2 cups small cubes of watermelon
1⁄4 cup chopped green onions
1⁄4 cup red onion, finely chopped
1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro
1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a medium bowl, mix all of the ingredients.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Serve salsa with burritos, tacos, fish or grilled meat.
- Try adding corn, chile peppers, or chopped avocado.
- If you do not have vinegar, try lemon or lime juice.
- Serve with fresh vegetables or Food Hero Baked Tortilla Chips.