Recipe Submitted by: Dawna Roesener, Tillamook County, Dental Health Coordinator
Recipe Source: https://food52.com/recipes/16471-italian-celery-and-mushroom-salad
We love this salad in the Roesener house. It is easy to prepare with just a little slicing and prep. With flavors that are bright and satisfying, this salad will soon be a favorite at your house, too.
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound mushrooms, delicate varieties such as cremini, oyster, or shiitake are best, wiped clean and sliced as thin as possible
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 8 ribs celery, sliced as thin as possible
- 1 cup shaved parmigiano reggiano cheese
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup Italian flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the sliced mushrooms and cook until golden brown, 5-6 minutes. Season with a little salt and pepper and then set aside to cool.
- In a large serving bowl, whisk the remaining 4 tablespoons olive oil with the lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add more oil or lemon juice as you like. Add the celery, cooled mushrooms, parmigiano regianno cheese, and parsley to the bowl and toss until combined. Season with sea salt and pepper and serve.