Recipe Source: Recipe and photo from www.FoodHero.org
Number of servings: 9
Time for preparation (including preparation and cooking): 55 min
1 pound lean ground beef (15% fat)
1 large onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced, or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
2 cups spaghetti sauce
4 Tablespoons fresh parsley, or 4 teaspoons dried
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon basil
1 pint (2 cups) low-fat cottage cheese
2⁄3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
6 uncooked lasagna noodles
1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook ground beef over medium-high heat (350 degrees in an electric skillet) until it is no longer pink.
- Drain fat, add onion, and cook until onion is clear.
- Add garlic, 1 cup of the spaghetti sauce, and herbs; spread evenly in skillet.
- Reduce heat to low (200 degrees in an electric skillet), spread cottage cheese over mixture, and sprinkle with half of the mozzarella. Top with 4 noodles, breaking remaining 2 to fill in open spaces.
- Pour remaining spaghetti sauce evenly over the top of noodles; gently press noodles down to moisten.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes until noodles are tender. Top with remaining cheeses, cover, and simmer 2 more minutes or until cheeses are melted.
- Let stand, covered, 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.