Recipe & Photo Source: FoodHero.org
Number of servings: 9
Time for preparation (including preparation and cooking): 45 minutes
2 cups leeks, chopped
1 Tablespoon oil
2 cups mushrooms, sliced
1 cup dry orzo (rice shaped pasta)
2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
1 1⁄2 cups tomato, chopped
3 Tablespoons cream cheese
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1⁄4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- Sauté leeks in oil in a medium skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the leeks are soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add mushrooms and cook until soft (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in the orzo and toast lightly, stirring frequently, for about 3 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer, stirring occasionally, until the orzo is almost tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer until orzo is tender (about 2 minutes).
- Remove from heat and stir in cream cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.