Number of servings: 5
Time for preparation (including preparation and cooking): 30 min
1 cup onion, chopped (1 medium onion)
4 cloves garlic, minced or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 Tablespoon butter or margarine
2 cups broth (chicken or vegetable)
1 1⁄2 cups cooked white beans (1 can – 15.5 ounces, drained and rinsed)
1 3⁄4 cups diced tomatoes (1 can – 14.5 ounces with juice)
1 Tablespoon italian seasoning
3 cups kale, chopped (fresh or frozen)
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, sauté onion and garlic in butter or margarine until soft.
2. Add broth, white beans, and tomatoes; stir to combine.
3. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 5 minutes.
4. Add the kale and Italian seasoning. Simmer until kale has softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve warm.
5. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
1 bunch fresh kale (about 8 cups, chopped