Recipe Source: Recipe and photo from www.FoodHero.org
Number of servings: 2
Time for preparation (including preparation and cooking): 10 min
1 English Muffin (try whole grain)
2 Tablespoons reduced fat or fat-free cream cheese (see notes)
2 Tablespoons sliced strawberries
2 Tablespoons blueberries
2 Tablespoons crushed pineapple
- Split open the English muffin and toast the halves until lightly browned.
- Spread cream cheese on both halves.
- Divide the fruit between the two muffin halves and arrange on top of cream cheese.
- These are best when served soon.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Use any combination of fruit for topping the pizza.
- No cream cheese? Try peanut butter or sunflower seed butter.
- Make your own whipped cream cheese for easy spreading. Use an electric hand mixer to gradually beat 4 tablespoons of milk into 8 ounces of cream cheese. To make it fruit flavored, add any chopped, soft fruit (fresh, canned, or frozen) while beating. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator.