Recipe & Photo Source: FoodHero.org
Number of servings: 5
Time for preparation (including preparation and cooking): 45 min
1⁄3 cup dried bulgur
1 cup boiling water
1⁄2 pound (2 cups) Brussels Sprouts
1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
1⁄4 cup nuts, chopped
1⁄4 cup orange juice
4 1⁄2 teaspoons oil
2 Tablespoons vinegar
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cover bulgur with boiling water and let stand until soft, about 30 minutes. Pour off any excess water.
- Rinse and trim Brussels sprouts. Cut in half lengthwise then slice crosswise into thin strips.
- In a large bowl combine bulgur, Brussels sprout strips, cranberries and nuts.
- In a small bowl or jar with a lid, combine orange juice, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix or shake well. Pour dressing over salad and serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.