Bell Pepper Nachos
Recipe Source: Recipe and photo from www.FoodHero.org
Number of servings: 8
Time for preparation (including preparation and cooking): 20 min
4 bell peppers
1 cup salsa
2 teaspoons seasoning (try a mixture-chili powder, garlic powder, ground cumin, pepper)
2 cups cooked meat (chopped or shredded), beans or tofu
1 cup reduced fat shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash bell peppers, remove seeds and cut into bite-sized pieces. Arrange pieces close together in a single layer on a large foil-lined baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine salsa, seasonings and meat, beans or tofu. Spoon the mixture evenly over pepper pieces then top with cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until peppers are heated through and cheese is melted. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.