Recipe and photo from www.FoodHero.org
Number of servings: 8
Time for preparation (including preparation and cooking): 35 min
1 1⁄2 cups nonfat or 1% milk
1 Tablespoon sugar
3 Tablespoons oil
2 bananas, mashed
3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
- Beat eggs in medium bowl. Add milk, sugar, oil and bananas and mix well. Add flours and baking powder. Mix gently.
- Lightly spray a large skillet or griddle with non-stick cooking spray or lightly wipe with oil. Heat skillet or griddle over medium-high heat (350 degrees in an electric skillet).
- Spoon 1/4 cup batter onto the griddle for each pancake. Cook until tops are bubbly and pancakes are dry around the edges. Flip and cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- To see if skillet is hot enough, sprinkle with a few drops of water. If drops skitter around, heat is just right.
- Top with applesauce, fresh fruit or yogurt.