Recipe & Photo Source: American Diabetes Association Diabetes Food Hub
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 17 min
Serving Size: 1 Cup
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 pounds chicken tenderloins
¼ cup light Italian salad dressing
3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 pound asparagus (ends trimmed)
½ cup shredded carrots
1 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- Preheat skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the oil and swirl to coat the pan, then add the tenderloins to the skillet in a single layer. Lightly season the chicken with salt and pepper, if using. Cover and cook for 7 minutes.
- While the tenderloins are cooking, make the balsamic dressing: Combine the Italian dressing, honey, balsamic vinegar and crushed red pepper flakes in a bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Turn chicken tenderloins and add half of the balsamic dressing to the skillet. Cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove chicken tenderloins from the skillet. Add carrots, asparagus and cherry tomatoes. Cover and cook for 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are done to your preference.
- Add chicken back into the skillet along with the remaining balsamic dressing. Cover and warm through, approximately 2 minutes.