Recipe Source: Recipe and photo from www.FoodHero.org
Number of servings: 16
Time for preparation (including preparation and cooking): 1 hour 45 min
6 slices bacon
1 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (15 ounces) great northern beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (15 ounces) pork and beans
3⁄4 cup ketchup
1⁄4 cup molasses
1⁄4 cup brown sugar
2 Tablespoons worcestershire sauce
1 Tablespoon prepared mustard
1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut bacon into bite sized pieces and place in skillet. Cook over medium heat (300 degrees in an electric skillet) until evenly browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Drain skillet, reserving 1 teaspoon of drippings. Add onion and garlic. Cook until onion is tender. Remove from skillet and add to bacon. Discard remaining drippings.
- Mix beans with bacon, onion, and garlic. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a 9×12 baking dish or 3 quart casserole dish. Bake in a preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Use any mix of beans you have.
- Cook your own dry beans. One can (15 ounces) is about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups drained beans.
- No bacon? Use 1 teaspoon cooking oil to saute vegetables.